The members of the current Trustee Committee are
Susan Lowe Chairperson 07957 444191
Geoff Fox-Noble Treasurer 01945 352707
Helen Hartley Secretary 01354 610316
Brian Ranger Vice Chairperson 01945 773710
Brian Carr Rep for Upwell Parish Council
Pam Russell is also invited to attend meetings, as a non-voting guest, as Rep for The Three Holes Bowls Club.
Click here for our CONSTITUTION
Brief History of THVH&PF
During the 1939-45 war the villagers of Three Holes
organised a committee to raise funds to send gifts to local service personnel
connected to the village. After the war
this committee, chaired by Mr Arthur Johnson, decided to carry on fundraising
to provide a Village Hall, as there was nowhere for events to take place.
With income from the fundraising events and the aid of grants from
the Council etc, the Hall was opened in 1952.
The land for the Hall was donated to the village by local farmer, Mr
Since then it has been the venue for village occasions –
dances, discos, Sunday School Anniversaries, old folks tea parties, youth
clubs, whist drives, carol concerts, jazz clubs, line dancing, bowls clubs, plays
and Women’s Institute meetings have all taken place regularly – as well as
wedding receptions, birthday parties, public meetings and celebrations for
special occasions like the Silver, Golden and Diamond Jubilees. The Hall is also the Polling Station for the
The various committees involved with the building over
the years have kept the facility up-to-date. First, a kitchen and committee
room were added at the back of the building and later the main hall was
extended and an additional ladies toilet added. The food servery/bar was put in
and the committee room amalgamated with the kitchen to make a larger food
preparation area. More recently a
disabled toilet and storeroom for chairs, tables and other equipment have been
added and disabled access improved.
After a break-in and major arson attack in April 2011 the
building interiors were completely modernised.
A minor arson attack in January 2013 delayed the installation of
audio-visual equipment but this has now been installed and the use of a digital
projector, large, electric screen and PA system and now available for use.
In 2004 amalgamation with the Three Holes Playing Field
was agreed. This was finalised in 2009
and Three Village Hall and Playing Field is now registered as one charity. Thanks to a Big Lottery Fund 'People's Millions' grant in 2006 for £50,000, our playing field has some of the best children's play equipment in the area.